Monday November 28 - Tuesday November 29 2016 • Toronto Downtown Marriott Eaton Centre • Toronto, ON
The Conference Board’s Centre for Food in Canada (CFIC) invites you to join us at the 5th annual Canadian Food & Drink Summit 2016, a two-day event to explore the future of Canada’s food sector, and leverage new opportunities to enhance the food sector’s performance—both provincially and globally.
Food impacts Canadians in an extraordinary range of ways: it affects our lives, our health, our jobs, our economy, and the environment. There is renewed determination to safeguard and sustain the health and profitability of the sector. Producers, manufacturers, shippers, traders, distributors and retailers in Canada’s food system are all pivotal to ensuring the quality, healthiness and safety of the food supply to Canadians. This unique event is bringing together a wide range of stakeholders—attracting 200+ participants from across Canada’s food system—to discuss sector challenges and solutions.
Summary Overview and Themes
We are assembling an outstanding lineup of speakers to share innovative insights and solutions to help improve Canada’s provincial food sector performance—ensuring we make the most of our resources, talent and brand reputation to better meet the food needs of people across Canada and all over the world.
The summit will focus on how collectively, as well as individually, we can make the most of our plentiful opportunities in the sector while enhancing healthy food and diets; improving food safety and industry prosperity; sustaining the environment; and addressing the challenges of household food security, the five themes of the Canadian Food Strategy.
What Can You Expect?
Launch of the 1st Provincial Report Card on Food
The Summit will feature the launch of the Conference Board’s 1st Provincial Report Card on Food—our first-ever assessment of Canada’s food performance comparing provinces to each other.
Build Your Network of Food Connections
Connect with key leaders and major sector players from across Canada. Network, ask questions, and build relationships with—expert speakers, business leaders and decision makers, government officials, civil society, academics and students. Expand your network and connections to take your performance to the next level.
As a participant, you will:
- Gain insights from the Summit’s high-profile speakers who will share their novel perspectives on implementing sector strategies, engaging the key players to take action, building strategic partnerships, and tracking outcomes
- See the results of the first evaluation of provincial food performance
- Meet industry leaders and discuss their vision for the future of food and drink
- Learn about trends, future opportunities and areas of potential growth
- Discuss and debate significant sector-related issues that affect your organization
- Consider a strategic approach for the sector
- Hear the latest forecasts on the economy and relevant industries
- Share your best practices and insights with a broad range of sector experts
- Provide us with your input into future research and activities of the Centre for Food in Canada