This one day workshop is for producers who are new to selling food through farmers’ markets or other direct to consumer methods. You will learn about the regulations, available services and market options for selling food direct to consumers.
Content for the Day
Setting the Stage
• Learn about the local food opportunity and the different farm direct marketing channels, their benefits and challenges.
• Hear about the regulations that apply to your business directly from the agencies responsible for enforcement.
• Meet the Agriculture and Forestry specialists available to assist you as you establish your farm direct food business.
• In Lethbridge and Airdrie, Bonnie Spragg with Spragg’s Meat Shop will share their farm story. She’ll describe their early marketing efforts through to their decision to learn the meat processing business so they could produce meat products in their own processing facility and sell them from their on-site store in Rosemary, Alberta.
• At our Stettler session, Nicola Irving with Irvings Farm Fresh will share their farm story – from their humble beginnings searching for tasty English-style sausages to their farmers’ market and restaurant sales and their newly expanded on-farm processing facility.
For More Information: Delores Serafin Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, 780-427-4611 firstname.lastname@example.org