CCBC Cross-Canada Outreach Events – June 2017
~~ Halifax, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto ~~
CCBC has guided many small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) through the alternative capital landscape. This year's CCBC Cross-Canada Outreach Events will address issues and concerns regarding these forms of non-traditional financing. The events will feature guests from CCBC's network of finance experts and others who will lead participants toward a clearer understanding of the opportunities available using alternative capital, and the best methods of pursuing and implementing them.
Alternative capital has become an increasingly necessary source of business financing. A common and significant issue faced by SMEs is one where their China growth strategy outpaces the assets they need to secure traditional bank financing.
Topics in this half-day workshop include:
- case studies to show how Chinese capital and EDC funding can be incorporated for business success;
- advice on an effective investor relations strategy, including what Chinese investors are seeking and how Canadian companies should present themselves;
- direction on reducing legal and IP protection concerns through the right deal structure;
- advice on pitching your company
- lunchtime networking with investment mentors and Chinese investors.
CCBC Cross-Canada Outreach Event Cities
Halifax, NS: June 1
Calgary, AB: June 6
Montreal, QC: June 8
Vancouver, BC: June 8
Toronto, ON: June 13
These sessions are presented specifically to assist SMEs that have a product, service, or technology that is aligned with China’s growth strategy or related to China’s increasing consumption. Therefore, to ensure a high quality discussion, the sessions are open exclusively to Canadian companies that are pursuing exports to or sales in China. Your company should have a product, service, or technology that is being consumed in China as the country moves its economic structure from investment-led to consumption-led growth.